Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November BJP page finished



Here are pix of my November page, using a photo of the vineyards I took the other day. One shows the fabric collage I made as a background, the other with beads sprinkled on top.

Here's a pic of the finished piece - it's a bit lumpy because I just folded back the edges, leaving them like that for now until all the pieces for the year are finished when I can decide how to mount or frame them or make them into something. I'm surprised at how fast I did it - finished in just one day!

I may do another piece based on the sun shining through this clump of foilage.

8 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

Wonderful interpretation...I love your colors and the design is unique.

Marty S said...

I really like the combination of decorative stitching and beading.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

a2susan said...

What a cool piece! It feels very calming to look at...

Jacquie said...

Very very pretty! I like the somewhat "monet" look to it! Colors are fabulous.

Robin said...

You certainly are an accomplished fiber artist!!! When I first looked at just the pictures, I thought the third one down (your finished November page) was a photo! What an amazing interpretation (with fabrics, stitching and beads)... really gives me a sense of place!

heidibeads said...

Awesome - I think you captured the photo with fiber and beads perfectly.

Padparadscha said...

Amazing piece, I am really impressed.

Sandy said...

How nice the piece turned out. We seem to be in the same groups. Thanks for visiting my blog. You are in the drawing.