Friday, December 4, 2009
Sorry for the long absence from blogging - I was working on this piece and didn't want to post until it was nearly finished. It is just sitting on top of the background, waiting to be stab-stitched, which will eliminate the wavy edges.
In my previous post, there's a pic of the worksheet with inspiration pix, and you can see my initial treillage for the pansies in the left-hand frame of the triptych. As I completed the middle and right-hand frames (daffodils and iris, respectively), I realised that the techniques didn't seem to go together, so I cut out the pansies and redid them as shown in this pic. At this stage, the piece was still on the working backing.
These pix show the piece removed from the working backing, just laying on the table, and also laying on top of dark green fabric to see what that would look like. However, as the piece is supposed to represent Springtime, I chose the sky blue instead. I'm not sure I like it, but that's probably because I've been working on it for too long - I may like it again after it's been put away for a while.
Of course, now I have to start another project so I'm feeling insecure and flighty, and there's also the annual newsletter and Christmas Cards to do but hopefully I'll settle back into regular posting again and start thinking up ideas for next year's Bead Journal Project which I have now decided to rejoin...if I'm not too late. Thank you to all those who have left comments - they helped me decide to rejoin.