Friday, July 18, 2008

July TIF finished and sunflowers


Here is my July TIF finished, I think. I embroidered the words, "At the half way mark - - -" on a white ribbon down the middle of the piece, from the top towards the bottom, then the words "What is it to be?" from the bottom towards the top. The idea I was trying for was looking back on half the year and thinking about "the wild blue yonder" for the second half of the year. I don't think it is very successful, but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. It may become a book cover.



There's a gorgeous field of sunflowers I can see from the back kitchen window and I've been trying to photograph it in different lights. It's especially wonderful when the sun is behind them, making their coronas light up, but taking a pic into the sun just doesn't work with this little camera, so here's a pic of sunflowers at the market.

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

I think you were quite successful with your July TIF piece. It seems like you and I approached the design using similar thought processes. And I loved the retrospective you provided before you showed the finished July piece. It's amazing to see how the July work incorporates and echoes the designs you did in the first six months. Loved it!!! Beernadette

Unknown said...

Those sunflowers are glorious. I like your TIF as well, the colours are so vivid. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm glad to have found yours. I've been to the Eden project once but would love to go back with my camera.