Wednesday, July 2, 2008

As far as it got



This is as far as I got with the geology piece, which I may put aside for now.

Well, the new July TIF Challenge has been posted in colours I really like - I think I may use some of the collaged scraps I made in June as backgrounds, and do something with beads. Some ideas:

Past/present/future. I did a thumbnail sketch where half the piece is stitched in rigid straight lines representing the past and reality and the right hand side stitched in flowing dotted lines, representing the future and abstract and what may be. With, maybe in the middle, dividing the two areas, myself looking backwards on the history side in a silhouette, representing the present.

Collage of actual pieces on one side, with just blotches of colour and abstract on the other side. Play with photos of the pieces to make them fit into a jigsaw of sorts on the one side, representing the past, with the future maybe very abstract swirls on the other, or maybe a colour wheel spinning off into the distance because sure as God made little green apples, colour will feature in any future pieces even though shapes and themes may be unknown.

2 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

I think your geology piece is really lovely and such pretty greens too!

Robin said...

Love the geology piece... layers... could also represent the layers buit up in our personalities over the years of our lives. Great ideas for past-present-future... looking forward to seeing what you do with it!