Sunday, April 3, 2011
First, in response to Carol's comment on my last post, here is a closeup of that piece. I was experimenting with cable stitch on the machine, where you wind some thick thread on your bobbin, then just use straight stitch. The tricky bit is that you have to work from the wrong side, as it is the bobbin thread that is making your design on the right side of the fabric, that is, the right side of the fabric is facing towards the bed of the machine. The background is a layer of plain cotton calico, then a layer of bright yellow scrim, then a layer of sludgy coloured beige georgette. In places I cut through the georgette, and I did beading. As always, you can click on the photo to see a larger version.
And here are the almond blossom pieces I did for March experiments with machine embroidery techniques. Enjoy.
Finally, here are pix of a little bag I finally made up from some embellisher felting experiments my friend Cyn sent me ages ago - showing the bag closed and opened.