Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Bead Journal Project piece finished


It's supposed to be the bowl of strawberries I collected from the potager, the pic shown in the last post. Disappointing photo, can't get the colours right even though I fiddled with it some - o well - you get the idea anyway...
No idea what I'll do for July, but I'm carrying my camera around. Maybe courgette flowers again, maybe swimming pool... market...aperitif on the patio... tomato plants... lavendar and bumble bees... something to convey the heatwave...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is delightful! It definitely IS that bowl of strawberries in your photo! And it's timely for me because I'm making art dolls representing the American Indian name for the full moon of each month. June is known as "Full Strawberry Moon". I especially love the way you translate photos to beading and stitchery -- have noticed this before. Lovely work!

Marlene Brady said...

Yes, I too, love the way you find inspiration all around you and interrpret it in beadwork. Extremely creative and difficult. Looking forward to July's piece!

bbdyevr said...

WOW! NIce Strawberries there kiddo!
Makes me want to go have a bowl right now.
A perfect way to say Summer is here.

Sweetpea said...

YUM! that is a very edible bowl of strawberries - well done and a lovely ode to June!!

Can you tell me about the background cloth? Did you do the stitching?? Very beautiful.

Lois2037 said...

I know what you mean, I have the hardest time getting the colors to come out right! But looking at this piece, I can almost taste those berries. Lovely!

Margaret Sutherland said...

Your piece is truly lovely. I have to confess, I didn't know what 'potager' means, but it must be something wonderful to provide you with such lovely fruit and inspiration!

Robin said...

In the enlarged version of the picture it's easy to see a large and yummy-looking bowl of strawberries! You did it very well!!!

Robin A.

Angela Grasse said...

your work is beautiful!!!